Frequently Asked Questions
Launchspace’s mission extends beyond the traditional definition of a makerspace. We are also committed to helping makers who want to start their own business and those interested in learning technical skills that could be used in real-world jobs.
LaunchSpace will offer technical training in partnership with local businesses and community colleges. It’s just another way we will improve the community through education, creativity, and providing the right tools to help innovators thrive.
Here is a list of equipment by studio:
Paper & Fiber Art Studio
(3) Sewing machines, (3) bring your own sewing machine stations, (2) sergers, (8) painters easel and work station
(1) Canon EOS Rebel T6 Camera, MyStudio MS20J Tabletop Photo Studio Lightbox with 5000K Lighting, 12pc Jewelry Photography Tool Kit, Neewer 2.6M x 3M/8.5ft x 10ft Background Support System and 800W 5500K Umbrellas Softbox Continuous Lighting Kit for Photo Studio Product,Portrait and Video Shoot Photography , 500mm Preset f/8 Telephoto Lens, Vivitar T-Mount, 0.43x Wide Angle, 2.2x Telephoto Lens, Hard Tulip Lens Hood, 58mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter kit, 58mm 4pc HD Macro Filter Set +1 +2 +4 +10, Bounce Zoom Slave Flash, Wired Shutter Release Remote, Targus 58" Tripod, 12" Compact Tripod.
Robotics & IT Studio
(1) Laser cutter with 16x24 bed and 90 watt laser, (1) Jam board, (10) HP laptops, (8) 3-D printers of varying capabilities, (8) Trapezoidal tables, (8) Standing height tables, (12) 12' tables for groups
(9) Pottery wheels – electric with stools, (1) Kick pottery wheel, (3) Kilns, (1) Slab roller table, (1) Wedging table
4-foot metal-bending brake, 4-foot metal shear, Tube and rod bender. 4-foot sheet metal roller, Sheet metal press/punch (small), Spot welder, Metal lathe – to be delivered, MIG welder, 5-burner metal forge, Bench grinder
(2) SawStop table saws, (1) Jet joiner-planer, (1) 13-inch thickness planer, (1) Double-drum sander, (2) Scroll saws, (2) Drill press, (1) 10" Compound miter saw, 2-stage 3-hp dust collector, (1) 20" Bandsaw, (1) 16x48" Wood lathe, (1) 3" Belt sander, (1) Random orbital sander, (2) Routers, (3) Radial arms saws, (2) ShopSmith multi-machines, (1) Drill/driver kit, (1) Biscuit joiner, (1) Air compressor
This position is eligible for a free makerspace membership! We need a couple volunteers to come in twice weekly to clean the shop, lobby and restrooms.
Do you like being the "go to"? Looking for someone who wants to spend time assisting makers, giving tours, and assuring a safe environment. We are looking for shop leads for Arts & Design, Metal Working, and Robotics & IT.
Are you mechanically minded? Do you understand how tools like laser cutters and cnc machines work? We need a volunteer or three to keep our tools shipshape, do preventative maintenance, and repair them when needed. Without you we don't have tools!
Do you have WordPress experience? You can help make our website more interactive, visually engaging and functional!
Social Media Coordinator
Are you a social media wizard? Help us spread the word by creating content for social and traditional media platforms!
These are limited positions, the first ones to volunteer will be eligible for a free memberships!
BUT, still need in-kind or monetary donations to help us be able to provide additional equipment and supplies.
You can also sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with open house tours coming soon!
Bringing LaunchSpace into existence is a large project. We are extremely proud that we have received the funding that will make it possible for our makerspace to open in the coming months. We have had many questions from the community about LaunchSpace and want to be as transparent about our project as possible. If you have a question that is not answered here, please feel free to email email@example.com for further info.